The Catalonia government is considering using blockchain technology to create an external electronic voting system. This was announced by the head of the Council for the participation of citizens in the work of the Catalonia government Ismail Peña-Lopez.
Recall that in October, the Generalitat of Catalonia – the highest self-government body of the Autonomous community of Catalonia-previously approved a bill to create by 2020 an electronic voting system for citizens who live abroad. But, according to Peña-Lopez, the use of blockchain for the new state voting system is still being considered, as the Generalitat has not yet decided on the choice of technology.
According to Peña-Lopez, the most important thing in the technology that will be used for the voting system is that it inspires confidence, and the blockchain is perfect for this.
It is worth noting that in July, the government of Catalonia has unveiled a plan to deploy a blockchain within the processes of public administration with the purpose of improvement of providing the residents of digital services.
- Blockchain technologies will help Azerbaijan to improve the work of housing and communal services
- Bitfury integrates blockchain into the public sector of Uzbekistan
- Eldis Soft has developed a blockchain system for the stock market
- Blockchain will increase the transparency of gold supplies from the producer to the buyer
- Whiskey on the blockchain? Everything is possible