One of the reasons for the collapse of the price of bitcoin and other digital currencies may be the growing popularity of stablecoins: many traders see them as a “safe haven” in periods of uncertainty.
So, for a long time under the fire of criticism, stablecoin Tether USD still firmly holds its position in the market. According to the CoinMarketCap portal, the coin confidently holds the 8th place in the rating.
But this does not mean that the popularity of the USDT is rapidly decreasing — in recent years, trading volumes of this asset have been increasing and the coin is second only to bitcoin in this indicator.
At the same time, the competitors of Tether are not asleep — promoted Circle stablecoin USDC is already in 49th place, and will soon be in the listing of the crypto–exchange Binance. Rate of this stabilini slightly overestimated (1,04$.), which may indicate a growing demand for this token. As in the case of Tether, recently there has been a significant increase in the volume of trading with USDC stablecoin.
Also rapidly gaining popularity stablecoin Paxos (51st place in the ranking) and TrueUSD (43rd place). 235–th position is the Gemini stablon Dollar. The market price of all these coins is also slightly above the $ 1 mark.
- The number of cryptocurrency terminals in the world has grown to almost 4 thousand
- Ripple (XRP): three reasons why XRP will cost $5 in 2019
- The cryptocurrency market will lose anonymity in 204 jurisdictions in the summer of 2019
- Analysts Morgan Stanley called bitcoin “a gold asset”
- Young Germans massively invest in cryptocurrency